On this page, you can find an explanation of how to create, edit and delete Subnets in Cloud Console.
Table of contents
- Subnets page
- Create Subnet
- Edit Subnet
- Delete Subnet
To open the Subnets page, go to Networks page and click on the Name of the corresponding Network:
On this page you can find:
- panel with available quick actions for the selected Network:
- all created Subnets, related to the selected Network, with their Headers, Create button, Search bar and Actions icon, which opens a list of available management actions for the selected Subnet:
Actions icon opens the next list of available management actions for the selected Subnet:
- Edit - this option is used to update selected Subnet (change Name, Allocation pools, DNS nameservers, Gateway IP, Host routs, state of DHCP and gateway);
- Delete - this option is for Subnet removing.
To create new Subnet, do the following:
- go to the Subnets page and click on the CREATE SUBNET icon in the upper left corner;
- fill in the form on the next opened Create Subnet window and click on the CREATE icon:
- Name - set a name for the Subnet;
- Enable DHCP - enable or disable Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for Subnet;
- CIDR - shows Classless Inter-Domain Routing of Subnet;
- Allocation Pools - specify IP address allocation pools; each entry is: start_ip_address-end_ip_address; one entry per line;
- DNS Nameservers - specify the IP addresses of DNS Name Servers; format: comma-separated values;
- Gateway IP - set the IP address of Gateway; the default value is the first IP of the network address; if you want to use the default, leave blank. If you do not want to use a gateway, please check ‘Disable Gateway’;
- Disable Gateway - enable or disable using Gateway IP for Subnet;
- Host Routes - specify additional routes announced to the hosts; each entry is: destination_cidr,next-hop; one entry per line.
After these steps, the newly created Subnet will be added to the Subnets page:
To edit the Subnet, do the following:
- identify the Subnet, that you want to edit, on the Subnets page;
- click on the Actions icon and select the Edit in the list of available options;
- update the Name, Allocation pools, DNS nameservers, Gateway IP, Host routs or state of DHCP and gateway state on the next opened Edit Subnet window, and click on the SAVE icon:
After these steps, the selected Subnet will be updated.
To delete the Subnet, do the following:
- to identify this unnecessary Subnet on the Subnets page;
- click on the Actions icon and select the Delete in the list of available options;
- confirm the Subnet deletion on the next opened Confirmation window.
After these steps, the selected Subnet will be deleted.